2017/18 Derby Runner XC League - Race 1
Race: Bagworth Heath
Club: Desford Striders
Date: Sunday 22th October 2017
Time: Junior Race 10:30am, Senior Race 11:00am
Distance: 6.3 Miles - MAP
Entry Fee: Senior - FREE (BADGERS will be paying for the members this season)
Venue: Bagworth Heath Woods
Lift Share: We will be meeting at Woolpack Way Car Park, Atherstone at 9:25am (leaving 9:35am prompt) and travel over together!
NOTE: CAR SHARING IS ESSENTIAL - ONLY CARS WITH 3 OR MORE PEOPLE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE MAIN CAR PARK.
On Thornton side of the Heath.
10:30am, one or two laps of field depending on age – 1 & 2 Miles
Start 11am (note-all runners will start together-no split start for this race); Approx 6.3 miles; comprising of two long laps; testing hill ; woodland and grassland tracks; approx 150m of compacted gravel over tarmac bridle path on both laps.
Note the route has some very slippy sections.
Spikes, or ‘off-road’ shoes would be suitable.Note – there are some sections of gravel track.
Toilets, showers and changing
SiD, Peckleton Lane, Desford LE9 9JU. Approx. 2miles from race.
These races are CLOSED events, ie only members of affiliated clubs can take part. If you are a member of a club not in the Derby Runner Cross Country League, you can join one that is as a second claimer. Occasionally, at the rare and sole discretion of Dave Mann, guest runners may be allowed – any guest runner will not score points for a team.
Men's event: 8 men (including 2 vets)
Ladies event: 4 ladies (including 1 vet)
Combined event: 7 men (including 2 vets) and 3 ladies (including 1 vet)
Please make your team aware of the following:
- Runners, MUST return their finishing disks
- Runners must run in club kit
- NO Earphones MP3s or other devices - it makes insurance invalid
- At stiles if you jump any queue, you and your team will be disqualified
- Host clubs are to make sure that all marshals know the mobile phone number of the first aid co-ordinator
- Host clubs are to make sure that the children’s race has hares and/or marshals
- Please turn up early and car share
- Finally, enjoy!