2015/16 Derby Runner XC League - Race 2
Race: Bagworth Heath Woods
Club: Desford Striders
Date: Sunday 22nd November 2015
Time: Junior Race 10:30am, Senior Race 11:00am
Distance: 6.5 Miles
Entry Fee: Senior £3 - Pay on the day to our captains
Venue: Bagworth Heath Woods
Lift Share: We will be meeting at Woolpack Way Car Park, Atherstone at 9:30am (leaving 9:40am prompt) and travel over together!
Course: On Thornton side of the Heath.
Junior race: 10:30am, one or two laps of field depending on age – 1 & 2 Miles
Main race: start 11am (note-all runners will start together-no split start for this race); Approx 6.5 miles; comprising of two long laps; testing hill ; woodland and grassland tracks; approx 150m of compacted gravel over tarmac bridle path on both laps.
Note the route has some very slippy sections.
Footwear: Spikes, or ‘off-road’ shoes would be suitable.Note – there are some sections of gravel track.
Toilets, showers and changing: SiD, Peckleton Lane, Desford LE9 9JU. Approx. 2miles from race.
Results: SiD, Peckleton Lane, Desford LE9 9JU. Approx. 2 miles from race, see map overleaf
These races are CLOSED events, ie only members of affiliated clubs can take part. If you are a member of a club not in the Derby Runner Cross Country League, you can join one that is as a second claimer. Occasionally, at the rare and sole discretion of Dave Mann, guest runners may be allowed – any guest runner will not score points for a team.
Men's event: 8 men (including 2 vets)
Ladies event: 4 ladies (including 1 vet)
Combined event: 7 men (including 2 vets) and 3 ladies (including 1 vet)
Please make your team aware of the following:
- Runners, MUST return their finishing disks
- Runners must run in club kit
- NO Earphones MP3s or other devices - it makes insurance invalid
- At stiles if you jump any queue, you and your team will be disqualified
- Host clubs are to make sure that all marshals know the mobile phone number of the first aid co-ordinator
- Host clubs are to make sure that the children’s race has hares and/or marshals
- Please turn up early and car share
- Finally, enjoy