2016/17 Derby Runner Cross Country League Race 1
2016/17 Derby Runner XC League Race 1
Race: Holly Hayes Woods
Club: Hermitage Harriers
Date: Sunday 30th October 2016
Time: Junior Race 10:30am, Senior Race 11:00am
Distance: 6 Miles
Entry Fee: Senior £3 - Pay on the day to our captains
Venue: Holly Hayes Woods
Lift Share: We will be meeting at Woolpack Way Car Park, Atherstone at 9:20am (leaving 9:30am prompt) and travel over together!
NOTE: CAR SHARING IS ESSENTIAL - ONLY CARS WITH 3 OR MORE PEOPLE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE MAIN CAR PARK.
Please allow 10 minutes walk to the start/finish area from MAIN car parking.
New Tent Area on Hilary Crescent near to start/finish, and just a 2 minute walk from the Pub/Results.
Please only drop tents off here and DO NOT PARK – the Paramedics will park up here.
No Toilets available.
80 metres of tarmac per lap (Adults), some slightly gravelled paths – otherwise grass, and woodland (tree roots, rocks, mud and trail paths) with 1 stile crossing per lap and 5 brook crossing in total for adults. Adults (approx. 6 miles) –2 large woodland/trail/grass laps described/shown. Slightly more rolling than previous years.
Please note the following:
- Course will be marshalled/pegged/posted – please keep to this
- This is public woodland/grassland – please be courteous to the general public
- Please take all litter home with you
Junior (2015 course but start/finish nearer to new tent area) Under 10’s 1 lap woodland trail (approx. 1 mile), Under 16’s 2 laps. Loop prior to moving start/finish shown here: Junior MAP
These races are CLOSED events, ie only members of affiliated clubs can take part. If you are a member of a club not in the Derby Runner Cross Country League, you can join one that is as a second claimer. Occasionally, at the rare and sole discretion of Dave Mann, guest runners may be allowed – any guest runner will not score points for a team.
Men's event: 8 men (including 2 vets)
Ladies event: 4 ladies (including 1 vet)
Combined event: 7 men (including 2 vets) and 3 ladies (including 1 vet)
Please make your team aware of the following:
- Runners, MUST return their finishing disks
- Runners must run in club kit
- NO Earphones MP3s or other devices - it makes insurance invalid
- At stiles if you jump any queue, you and your team will be disqualified
- Host clubs are to make sure that all marshals know the mobile phone number of the first aid co-ordinator
- Host clubs are to make sure that the children’s race has hares and/or marshals
- Please turn up early and car share
- Finally, enjoy