2017/18 Derby Runner XC League - Race 3
Race: Holly Hayes Woods
Club: Hermitage Harriers
Date: Sunday 26th November 2017
Time: Junior Race 10:30am, Men's Race 11:00am, Ladies Race 11:05am
Distance: 5.5 Miles - MAP
Entry Fee: Senior - FREE (BADGERS will be paying for the members this season)
Venue: Holly Hayes Woods
Lift Share: We will be meeting at Woolpack Way Car Park, Atherstone at 9:20am (leaving 9:30am prompt) and travel over together!
NOTE: CAR SHARING IS ESSENTIAL - ONLY CARS WITH 3 OR MORE PEOPLE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE MAIN CAR PARK.
Please allow 10 - 15 minutes walk to the start/finish area from MAIN car parking.
New Tent Area on Hilary Crescent next to swings, and just a 5 minute walk from the Pub/Results.
Please only drop tents off here and DO NOT PARK – the Paramedics will park up here.
No Toilets available.
ALLOW 10 MINS TO WALK TO START.
ALL ASSEMBLE BEFORE 11 FOR BRIEFING PLEASE, AS LADIES WILL NEED THE ACCESS TO START AREA FULLY CLEAR ON THEIR RUN.
80 metres of tarmac per lap (Adults), some slightly gravelled paths – otherwise grass, and woodland (tree roots, rocks, mud and trail paths) with 1 stile crossing per lap and 5 brook crossing in total for adults. Adults (approx. 5.5 miles) –2 large woodland/trail/grass laps described/shown. Slightly more rolling than previous years.
Please note the following:
- Course will be marshalled/pegged/posted – please keep to this
- This is public woodland/grassland – please be courteous to the general public
- Please take all litter home with you
Junior (2016 course) Under 10’s 1 lap woodland trail (approx. 1 mile), Under 16’s 2 laps. Loop prior to new 2016/17 start/finish shown here : Junior MAP
These races are CLOSED events, ie only members of affiliated clubs can take part. If you are a member of a club not in the Derby Runner Cross Country League, you can join one that is as a second claimer. Occasionally, at the rare and sole discretion of Dave Mann, guest runners may be allowed – any guest runner will not score points for a team.
Men's event: 8 men (including 2 vets)
Ladies event: 4 ladies (including 1 vet)
Combined event: 7 men (including 2 vets) and 3 ladies (including 1 vet)
Please make your team aware of the following:
- Runners, MUST return their finishing disks
- Runners must run in club kit
- NO Earphones MP3s or other devices - it makes insurance invalid
- At stiles if you jump any queue, you and your team will be disqualified
- Host clubs are to make sure that all marshals know the mobile phone number of the first aid co-ordinator
- Host clubs are to make sure that the children’s race has hares and/or marshals
- Please turn up early and car share
- Finally, enjoy!
Please check back after the race