2017/18 Derby Runner XC League - Race 5
Club: Derwent Runners
Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Time: Junior Race 10:20am, Senior Race 11:00am
Distance: 6 Miles - MAP
Entry Fee: Senior - FREE (BADGERS will be paying for the members this season)
Venue: Allestree Park
Address: Allestree Park, Derby, DE22 2EU
Lift Share: We will be meeting at Woolpack Way Car Park, Atherstone at 9:00am (leaving 9:10am prompt) and travel over together!
NOTE: CAR SHARING IS ESSENTIAL - ONLY CARS WITH 3 OR MORE PEOPLE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE MAIN CAR PARK.
Car parking is very limited, and the city council has forbidden parking alongside the main entrance road.
Car Parks: There are three small car parks that can be used:
1. The main Allestree Park car park, is accessed from the A6 Burley Hill via a long driveway. The city council has forbidden parking alongside the main entrance road, which caused access problems last year!
2. There is another small Allestree Park car park on Woodlands Road to the Western side of the park. Located just outside residential area.
3. There is a small car park at the Evergreen Club on Cornhill.
There is some street parking on Main Avenue, which has a pedestrian entrance to the park.
Course: Two laps around the perimeter of the park; comprising grassland tracks, long uphill, woodland and about 1000m of compacted limestone path. Very slippery in parts. About 6 miles total.
Junior Race: One or two laps of field - 1 & 2 Miles
Footwear: Off-road shoes would be preferable. Extensive compacted limestone paths may mean spikes are uncomfortable.
Toilets, showers and changing: Golf club café toilets could be used in emergency!
These races are CLOSED events, ie only members of affiliated clubs can take part. If you are a member of a club not in the Derby Runner Cross Country League, you can join one that is as a second claimer. Occasionally, at the rare and sole discretion of Dave Mann, guest runners may be allowed – any guest runner will not score points for a team.
Men's event: 8 men (including 2 vets)
Ladies event: 4 ladies (including 1 vet)
Combined event: 7 men (including 2 vets) and 3 ladies (including 1 vet)
Please make your team aware of the following:
- Runners, MUST return their finishing disks
- Runners must run in club kit
- NO Earphones MP3s or other devices - it makes insurance invalid
- At stiles if you jump any queue, you and your team will be disqualified
- Host clubs are to make sure that all marshals know the mobile phone number of the first aid co-ordinator
- Host clubs are to make sure that the children’s race has hares and/or marshals
- Please turn up early and car share
- Finally, enjoy!